Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to file I-485/I-765/I-131 and I-864 and fees

Greetings.
    I am a Canadian citizen married to an American. I was approved I-130. My question is. can I file forms I-485 with I-765 and I-131? When do we need to file form I-864?Also regarding the fees, what are the fees for each, on the USCIS website the fee chart is very confusing. Thank you for your help

Greetings.
    I am a Canadian citizen married to an American. I was approved I-130. My question is. can I file forms I-485 with I-765 and I-131? When do we need to file form I-864?Also regarding the fees, what are the fees for each, on the USCIS website the fee chart is very confusing. Thank you for your help

Comment

Where are you ?
      canada or usa

Comment

Hi Hajni,

Here are the forms you will need to submit (the last two are optional):

Form

G325A - Biographic Information
        I-864 - Affadavit of Support
        I-485 - Petition for Alien ($930)
        I-765 - Work Authorization ($340)
        I-131 - Application to Travel ($305)

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Comment

I live in the US

Comment

whe applying for I-485 i must submit I-864?

Comment

Yes. Go here for more info:

http://www.visajourney.com/for...=custom&page=k1k3aos

Comment

Hi thank you for your reply.. I actually know which form to fill out however I would like to know if I can file I-485 with I-131 and file I-864 on a later time. Also on USCIS website the fees for I-131 and I-765 are waived if filed after june 30th 2007 or 2008.

Comment

I believe the Affadavit of Support needs to accompany the other forms. My brother in law sent all the forms in at the same time. As far as the fee waivers, I'm not sure. Maybe someone else will have the answer to this.

Comment

This is what it says on USCIS website ....."If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485. "

Comment

It does read that you wouldn't need to pay the fee associated with the I-765. I would give them a call to make sure. Dealing with USCIS is enough of a pain. Best to make certain all forms and fees are filed correctly the first time to avoid delays. Good luck!

Comment

do u know how to get a live person on the phone when you call INS

Comment

I found this phone number: 1-800-375-5283. If you get an automated system, you can normally bypass it by hitting the 0 (zero) button over and over until a live person comes on the phone.

Comment

First, thank you in advance should you choose to reply. I am US Citizen. I married a Canadian Citizen. We are applying for her naturalization papers. we are stuck at the I-864 portion where it asks for verification of income. i am self-employed and have been for 6 years. i started a new business 2 years ago and my accountant has literally filed zero income for me for those years. Although my business obviously is making money, i do not draw a salary and my company pays all my living expenses. what do we put into that section for income and/or can i list my business gross annual sales? i have no idea what to do there..please help

Comment

I thought I read that her I-130 has already been approved? Didn't you have to file an Affadavit of Support in order to process the I-130? If so, make a copy of it to accompany the other forms that need to be completed. (This is what we did for my brother in law who recently went through this process). It sounds like you are in the process of filing for Adjustment of Status, not naturalization at this point.

Do you not keep separate your personal vs. business expenses on your company books? I'm not sure gross sales would be appropriate to put on the form since it is not your true income.

Maybe someone else will come along with more knowledge. We have our own business too, but we draw salaries and keep business and personal stuff separate. Much cleaner that way.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X