Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic Visa

posted May 01, 2003 01:04 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am a Pakistani citizen and i am on a F-1 visa. I am working for the United Nations (UN) as a Consultant ( not a staff member) at New york. After graduating from school, i was given one year of work permit by INS in the form of Optional Practical training (OPT) . My OPT expires end of July. The UN is offering to sponsor me for my G-4. They told me i have 2 options. I can either go outside the country (canada, etc) to get the G-4 visa or stay in the US and wait for my G-4 visa. they tell me that if i stay in the US it can take a couple of months and they are not sure how long. If i go outside the country it will take much less time ( again they are not sure how long) . Could someone please suggest what would be a better option for me and exactly how long will it take if i stay here or go out of the country.

Thanks
    Sherry

posted May 01, 2003 01:04 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am a Pakistani citizen and i am on a F-1 visa. I am working for the United Nations (UN) as a Consultant ( not a staff member) at New york. After graduating from school, i was given one year of work permit by INS in the form of Optional Practical training (OPT) . My OPT expires end of July. The UN is offering to sponsor me for my G-4. They told me i have 2 options. I can either go outside the country (canada, etc) to get the G-4 visa or stay in the US and wait for my G-4 visa. they tell me that if i stay in the US it can take a couple of months and they are not sure how long. If i go outside the country it will take much less time ( again they are not sure how long) . Could someone please suggest what would be a better option for me and exactly how long will it take if i stay here or go out of the country.

Thanks
    Sherry

Comment

it depends upon the case load in consulate where this visa will be issued. in Both cases G-4 takes more then month.
      you will be well of by processing here then to go another country.
      Not to open another can of worms by visiting Pakistan ( for sure)in the process.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information Mohan

Comment

Could u guide me how to get job at UN. I am graduate in computer science with GPA 3.5. Is there any chance for me to get a job there? Thanks.

Comment

GPAs don't really matter...INS takes a good 'ole laugh at them...and then rejects your case...you think America is fond of intellectuals? Not so.

Comment

Waiting for ur responce, if any? Thanks

Comment

Thank u for ur efforts. Hope I can see ur post soon.

Comment

Working...
                X