Moral Character and Citizenship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral Character and Citizenship

My mom is applying for US Citizenship next week. The only hurdle is that she has been cited for Driving While Intoxicated in 1990, Shoplifting in 1992 and a Misd. Hit and Run in 1994. All offenses resulted in a minimal fine and no jail time. My question is, Will these offenses hinder her application? Should she even mention these offenses on her application? Does she have a better chance if she hires an Attorney? Thanks for any help... Steven

My mom is applying for US Citizenship next week. The only hurdle is that she has been cited for Driving While Intoxicated in 1990, Shoplifting in 1992 and a Misd. Hit and Run in 1994. All offenses resulted in a minimal fine and no jail time. My question is, Will these offenses hinder her application? Should she even mention these offenses on her application? Does she have a better chance if she hires an Attorney? Thanks for any help... Steven

Comment

I don't know if she would even qualify for naturalization with this record not to mention that she could trigger removal proceedings against herself. Not mentioning any of these or answering the questions on the naturalization application deliberatly incorrect will most definitly trigger immediate removal proceedings. An attorney is definitly needed for this case and other things need to be done such as claryfying how "minor" the offenses are, if she can still remain a permanent resident, if she can establish good moral character etc. before she can consider naturalization!

Comment

Working...
      X