Marrying a USC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying a USC

My sister has a 6 mo. tourist visa, she is planning to marry her USC boyfriend, does she have to go back home? They met thru the internet for months now. She came a month ago.
    BTW she has a 4 year old son.

My sister has a 6 mo. tourist visa, she is planning to marry her USC boyfriend, does she have to go back home? They met thru the internet for months now. She came a month ago.
    BTW she has a 4 year old son.

Comment

Hi,As I always saying in this post,In case like this , your sister will be better of if she will go back to her domicile and let her USC boyfriend file for a fiancee visa. I always telling this because INS is smart, once you come here as a tourist you should act as a tourist not to marry a USC or else they're giving you hard time. Furthermore, if her boyriend will petition her , there's a good possibility that she can even take her 4 y.o. son with her here. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi, Cheska is right. If she is to do this the right way then she and her boyfriend should file form I-129F with the local INS office, then apply for the K-1 Visa at the US Embassy when she returns home. The link below will take you through the whole process...Good luck

http://www.k1faq.com/

Comment

If she does decide to marry him while here on the tourist visa, she should wait a little while longer. Adjustment of status is technically possible, but there should be no suspicion that the tourist visa was requested in place of a fiance visa.

What I mean is that if the INS suspects that she came here to marry, there could be problems. However, if they believe that she truly came here on a tourist visa, and only decided to marry later, than adjustment of status is possible.

You may want to briefly discuss this matter with the INS (call at least 5 times) or with a lawyer.

Comment

Working...
          X