Canadian Social Insurance Number.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Social Insurance Number.

Is Canadian Social Insurance Number is equivalent to American Social Security Number.?
    Thanks.
    Regard's
    Shan

Is Canadian Social Insurance Number is equivalent to American Social Security Number.?
    Thanks.
    Regard's
    Shan

Comment

Hi Shan,

No it is definetely not the same one at all. When I married a US Citizen and became legal to live here, I had to give up my social insurance number in Canada. Should I ever choose to live in Canada again, I need to re-apply for it.
      Hope this helps.
      Martha

Comment

Martha thank you so much.
        you are lucky that u became legal to live in this country after married with us citizen.
        i married to us citizen too but i am still waiting for these disgusting laws to change so that i can get my status.
        Thanks any way
        God bless you.
        Regard's
        Shan

Comment

Yes it is equivlent type system , just not usable in this country.

Disgusting Laws of this country???????????? You mean the laws put in place for america so it can continue to provide safety peace and security here for the inhabitats. Appears you have a disregard for protocol and the system of things here already

Comment

>to change so that i can get my status.

See all these people on the baords -- spending THOUSANDS on applications, files, permits, visas, reading the law line by line, etc. Doing it the LEGAL way? See all those threads.

Those are the legal folks. You could've been one of them too. Instead you took the easy way out. You could've ben brought a bunch of terrorist with you too for all we know.

It's national security now as well as common decency to respect our laws. You didn't. Therefore you're at the bottom of the list now. So don't try to blame us. YOU'RE the one that broke the law. Not us.

-= nav =-

Comment

moondin, not quite sure who that is directed at. I dont think anyone broke any laws he is just stating that he doesn't like the laws.
              could you clarify what your email implies?

Comment

Martha,

Shan stated "you are lucky that u became legal to live in this country after married with us citizen. i married to us citizen too but i am still waiting for these disgusting laws to change so that i can get my status."

There would be no other reason that he couldn't adjust his status unless he entered US illegally or was overstay is there?

Comment

hi still learning,
                  thanks for the response. I guess I took his the wrong way. I assumed that he meant that he was tired of waiting for all of the law procedures to go through. I guess I assumed everyone was innocent.

Comment

Working...
                  X