Abandon petittion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandon petittion

what can I do if immigration inform me that my petition was abandon because information requested was not received in the allotted time? The problem here is that the information was given to the attorney 2 weeks prior to the requested date. The attorney also stated that the information was submitted and he has fedex receipt to prove the same. I am so frustrated.

what can I do if immigration inform me that my petition was abandon because information requested was not received in the allotted time? The problem here is that the information was given to the attorney 2 weeks prior to the requested date. The attorney also stated that the information was submitted and he has fedex receipt to prove the same. I am so frustrated.

Comment

If he has the receipt, appeal.

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/RepealDenial2.htm

Your lawyer should know this and already be on it!

Ask him for the receipt.....make sure he is telling you the truth!

Comment

Marie thank you for the advice. I had spoken with the lawyer before, the only assurance I got was that he will do some tracking. I will be seeing him probably today. I am very nervous and deep within I believe He sent the information in late. I am not sure if I can trust Him anymore, also what my options are.

Comment

Ask him to see the receipt, if he sent it in late, go the INS and beg! Appeal anyways without that lawyer or another one.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Just some general advice when talking to INS in person... if one person says no...come back and try someone else... it appears that luck is involved just as much as anything else in some cases, and you need to talk to the right person...

Comment

Thank you very much for your advice I finally will get to know some update from the lawyer on the 28. I most definitely will be appealing with or without that lawyer. Thanks again,

Comment

Working...
              X