Applying for Asylum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Asylum

I am planning to apply for asylum after being student for 3 yrs. currently out of status for little more than a month. How long it will take to get to the interview and to get the decision. Incase if i get rejected can reenter US on any visa after that??

I am planning to apply for asylum after being student for 3 yrs. currently out of status for little more than a month. How long it will take to get to the interview and to get the decision. Incase if i get rejected can reenter US on any visa after that??

Comment

Plese help me...........

Comment

Well i didn't drop out of school bcz of my academics its bcz of my financial situation. My sponsor got abducted by ethnic group LTTE back home and he was forced to give away his properties and cash. I am from SriLanka. My sponsor was my uncle.

Comment

Pradeep,

It would be in your best interest to consult with a lawyer who specializes in asylum cases. It will cost you but it would be worth it if you truly cant go back to Lanka.

Copper

Comment

The general rule is that you have to apply for asylum within your one year of your entry in the u.s, otherwise you would have to fall within one of the exceptions. Also you may qualify for witholding or removal, but I do not know your story.

Comment

i am wondering is it possible for me to attend any college while waiting for my asylum application?? Anyone pls answer me

Comment

Working...
              X