L-1 Visa adjustment of Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-1 Visa adjustment of Status

I am trying to assist a person who has an L-1 Visa and would like to get become a lawful permanent resident (ie Green Card). I have not met with him yet so I only have sketchy details. I know that he's recieved approval of his I-140 but his application was rejected because he did not file "concurrently."

Does this sound right to any of you or should I repost when I get more info?

I am trying to assist a person who has an L-1 Visa and would like to get become a lawful permanent resident (ie Green Card). I have not met with him yet so I only have sketchy details. I know that he's recieved approval of his I-140 but his application was rejected because he did not file "concurrently."

Does this sound right to any of you or should I repost when I get more info?

Comment

Rejection of I-485 because of non-concurrent filing with I-140 does not make sense. Please double-check your facts. INS should a reason for rejection, which can be appealed within a certain timeframe.

Comment

You should check all facts of his case. It is possible that his petition is rejected because his L1 was not renewed. Try to get as much information you can and somebody will be able to help you.
        Good luck.

Comment

There are two types of L-1 visa, L-1A and L-1B. Only the L-1A can immediately file the I-140. The L-1B must have an approved labor certification before the I-140 can be filed. It sounds like you have an L-1B visa holder.

The solution would be to file a labor certification right away.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Thanks for your assistance. I really appreciate.

Comment

on behalf of my company our lawyer filed i 129 for l1 visa. bcis approved my case but bcis make error in approval notice.when we ask to send cable notification to approprite consulate bcis send us a notice of change of status.is it mandatory to file i 824 when it is a error by bcis?

Comment

we r in the same position we have aapproved I-140 but rejected L-1 extention . what do u think we can do

Comment

If you already have an approved I-140, go ahead and file the AOS. You will then be working on the EAD and traveling on the AP. You will not need an L-1 extension.

Your extenstion was denied, because your I-140 evidences immigrant intent. The L-1 is a nonimmigrant visa.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Really a long way...

Comment

Working...
                    X