n400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n400

Are there any advantages to using a lawyer when filing the n400? I understand these days it takes about 4 months to take the oath after the interview because of the name check process, is there anything the lawyer can do to speed this process. I thought all the background checks are done before you are scheduled for an interview. Has anyone been interviewed in Dallas lately?

Are there any advantages to using a lawyer when filing the n400? I understand these days it takes about 4 months to take the oath after the interview because of the name check process, is there anything the lawyer can do to speed this process. I thought all the background checks are done before you are scheduled for an interview. Has anyone been interviewed in Dallas lately?

Comment

Unless you have issues with crimes of "moral turpitude" and other issues that would prevent you from being naturalized (ie.: unwillingness to serve in the armed forces if drafted, etc.) or problems with a break in U.S. residence (i.e.: you were overseas for 2 years), there is no advantage to using an attorney for the N-400. The attorney would not be able to speed up anything.

Comment

Thanks NYCImmParalegal, you have made my decision for me. I think in my case a lawyer would be a waste of money. I just wish the process did not take so long.

Comment

Working...
        X