Conditional GC-Student Loan/ Financial Aid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional GC-Student Loan/ Financial Aid

Can holder of conditional GC is entiltiled to get a student loan/financial aid for his studies? Does it will have any adverse effect on his permanent GC, when he applies after 2 years?

Can holder of conditional GC is entiltiled to get a student loan/financial aid for his studies? Does it will have any adverse effect on his permanent GC, when he applies after 2 years?

Comment

the same question but in my case is a AOS pending applicant. Can I apply for financial aid?

Comment

Check out this document, its very detailed about Ciizenship requirement for Financial Aid.
        http://ifap.ed.gov/sfahandbooks/atta...304Vol1Ch2.pdf

Also here is the governments website on FA.
        http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

And just a quick run down on who can get FA.
        You must be one of the following to receive federal student aid:
        "¢ U.S. citizen
        "¢ U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain's Island)
        "¢ U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)
        If you're not in one of these categories, you must have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94)
        from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) showing one of the following
        designations in order to be eligible:
        "¢ "Refugee"
        "¢ "Asylum Granted"
        "¢ "Indefinite Parole" and/or "Humanitarian Parole"
        "¢ "Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending"
        "¢ "Conditional Entrant" (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980)
        If you have only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464), you
        aren't eligible for federal student aid.
        If you're in the United States on an F1 or F2 student visa only, or on a J1 or J2 exchange visitor
        visa only, you're not eligible for federal student aid. Also, persons with G series visas (pertaining
        to international organizations) are not eligible.
        NOTE: Citizens and eligible noncitizens may receive loans from the FFEL program at participating
        foreign schools.
        Citizens of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic
        of Palau are eligible only for Federal Pell Grants, FSEOGs, or Federal Work-Study. These applicants
        should check with their schools' financial aid offices for more information.

Comment

Anthony a conditional g'card is equal to full green card in all ways. Am conditional and I have got almost $25,000 in loans. Just put your A number on the FAFSA and you are good to go. Dont even worry about this. Its not necessary.

Comment

Working...
          X