Removing conditional status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing conditional status

I have a month left to send in my application to remove conditional residence. The form indicates afidavits are required from at least two people. My question is what exactly is this? Is it just basically a letter describing how my wife & I are known by these people to be living as man and wife. Is there any particular format these letters have to be in, and finally do they have to be notorized?

I have a month left to send in my application to remove conditional residence. The form indicates afidavits are required from at least two people. My question is what exactly is this? Is it just basically a letter describing how my wife & I are known by these people to be living as man and wife. Is there any particular format these letters have to be in, and finally do they have to be notorized?

Comment

Hey Wayne,the afidavits that are required are exactly the same as the ones required when you filed for the adjustment of status to get the conditional green card except that whoever does them has to comment on you and your marriage since obtaining your conditional green card.........and No they don't have to be notorized. You better move quick though mate.......you don't want to get your application in after the 90 day period or else you will be put into deportation proceedings.
      I hope this helps
      cheers,
      Paddy

Comment

The I-751 application clearly states that they have to be notarized. What you can do is send a number some notarized, some not notarized.

Comment

Halali,
          please tell me where it states that the affadavits have to be notorized? There is not a single place on the I-751 that states that these have to be notorized. If you happen to read it carefully, the people giving the affadavits maybe asked to testify in front of an immigration officer if more clarification is required by the BCIS. Wayne don't believe what Halali has to say to you because she obviously has either no clue or she can't read

Comment

Paddy you are about the dumbest person on this board. If you look at the i-751 it clearly says that the form must be "sworn by" or "attested to". What do you think that means? It means you have to affirm under oath.

Anyhow, you guys can do what you want but know that you would rather be safe than sorry. Am sending mine notarized and I can sleep peacefully after that. I believe the case looks more credible when you have everything straight and I am ready to spend the $4 for notary because the smoother the case looks, the more the chances that you will not have an interview.

So you guys can choose who to listen to or believe.

Comment

Wayne, all you have to do is make sure the people who do the affadavits on your behalf are prepared to back up what they say in the unlikely event that they are called to appear at the BCIS and that they sign the document. Getting your document notarized proves nothing to the BCIS apart from the fact that peoploe like Halai are stupid enoughto part with their money for a signature. If the BCIS have any questions about the validity of the affadavits then they will go back to the author and not the notary...At the end of the day, you do what you feel is in your best interests mate.

with regards to Halai, she must have something to hide or she definitely doesn't understand english. I know for a fact that judging by my original green card interview that I have nothing to fear and so the fact that I didn't get my affadavits notorized won't cause me any loss of sleep. Halai, is a complete fool

Comment

The choice is between a dumb person and a fool-Halali and Paddy.

So you can choose who is acting more clever.

Comment

Each affidavit must need to be notorized, otherwise it won't be considered a valid affidavit. So, Halali is right on this matter.

Comment

Sammy has spoken! :-)

Comment

halali = 1
                      paddy = k.o.

Comment

Whatever!

It quite obvious from my experience on this website that no one is hundred percent sure of what they are talking about apart from the actual lawyers........so whatever you ******s have to say goes in one ear and out the next. I put my trust in my own actual experience and the advice of real lawyers

Comment

Working...
                        X