Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum case procedure and change of address please help

Hi
    I filed for asylum and went for the interview to the San Francisco office. I had My fingerprints taken, but when I went to pick up the results they told me that they will send it in mail. I did not get any answer yet. Now I want to move to Chicago. If I file a change of address form, will my file be transferred to the Chicago office? Because I would like to keep it in California since INS is loosing lots of files when transferred. I also want to go back to California in a couple of months (but I know that I have to file a change of address form with my new address). So Will they transfer the files to Chicago even if I do not want them to do it? Thanks for your help.

Hi
    I filed for asylum and went for the interview to the San Francisco office. I had My fingerprints taken, but when I went to pick up the results they told me that they will send it in mail. I did not get any answer yet. Now I want to move to Chicago. If I file a change of address form, will my file be transferred to the Chicago office? Because I would like to keep it in California since INS is loosing lots of files when transferred. I also want to go back to California in a couple of months (but I know that I have to file a change of address form with my new address). So Will they transfer the files to Chicago even if I do not want them to do it? Thanks for your help.

Comment

No your file will remain at it prior location all change of ad does your mail will be sent to new ad .. which country are you from??

Comment

Working...
      X