Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non custodial parent's consent for minor children immigration

Greetings,

I'm marrying a Guatemalan citizen with minor children. I am USC. I know she will need the biological father's consent to apply for immigrant visas for the children but I wanted to know what form the consent has to take and what wording was necessary. Is there a special form or is a letter sufficient?

Does it have to say that he gives permission for the children to apply for immigrant status specifically or can it say simply that the children have permission ot obtain "US visas" without specifying what kind of visa? She has finalized her divorce yet so we still have time to ensure the wording is sufficient.. Thank you.

Mark Ellinghaus

Greetings,

I'm marrying a Guatemalan citizen with minor children. I am USC. I know she will need the biological father's consent to apply for immigrant visas for the children but I wanted to know what form the consent has to take and what wording was necessary. Is there a special form or is a letter sufficient?

Does it have to say that he gives permission for the children to apply for immigrant status specifically or can it say simply that the children have permission ot obtain "US visas" without specifying what kind of visa? She has finalized her divorce yet so we still have time to ensure the wording is sufficient.. Thank you.

Mark Ellinghaus

Comment

Working...
    X