Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-entry

Hi
    I am a DV-2002 winner. I entered the States in July 2002 and got the green card. I applied for a re-entry permit at end of July and left the States after that. Till now I did not get a reply from the Nebraska Center regarding my application and the year is about over. My questions are:
    1- Must I enter the States again even with a pending re-entry application ?
    2- What happens if I don't enter and wait for the reply from Nebraska center?
    3- If and when the reply comes after a year has passed since I entered, and for some reason they have refused my application. What will be my status can I enter the States again?
    4- What is the worse scenario that can happen if I try to enter the States and I have been away for more than a year? can they stop me from entering at the POE if they find out ? Or do they take the green card away? What happens exactly?

I need any help I can get.

Confused

Hi
    I am a DV-2002 winner. I entered the States in July 2002 and got the green card. I applied for a re-entry permit at end of July and left the States after that. Till now I did not get a reply from the Nebraska Center regarding my application and the year is about over. My questions are:
    1- Must I enter the States again even with a pending re-entry application ?
    2- What happens if I don't enter and wait for the reply from Nebraska center?
    3- If and when the reply comes after a year has passed since I entered, and for some reason they have refused my application. What will be my status can I enter the States again?
    4- What is the worse scenario that can happen if I try to enter the States and I have been away for more than a year? can they stop me from entering at the POE if they find out ? Or do they take the green card away? What happens exactly?

I need any help I can get.

Confused

Comment

It is taking 320-355 business days to process reentry permit, that is 15-17 months.

1 - probably yes.

2 - if after one year of absence you try to reenter US without reentry permit in hand, your entry most likely will be denied and GC cancelled.

3 - see #2.

4 - yes and yes (see #2).

To make long story short, it is in your best interests to return to the US before one year of absence strikes.

Comment

Above advise if right. It has been to my personal observation that people did not get their re-entry permits. Therefore, best advise is to come back. Do you have Receipt Number, if yes, did you check the online status?

Comment

Working...
        X