taxes and change of status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taxes and change of status

I applied for my change of status to permanent resident. I know the INS will be scrutinizing everything when I eventually get my interview. However my wife and I file singly and not jointly due to the fact that it would bring us more on our return. Will this cause a problem when I eventually get my interview. The marriage is very very real.

I applied for my change of status to permanent resident. I know the INS will be scrutinizing everything when I eventually get my interview. However my wife and I file singly and not jointly due to the fact that it would bring us more on our return. Will this cause a problem when I eventually get my interview. The marriage is very very real.

Comment

You file married, but separate? or do you claim to be single when you are married?

Comment

Me and my wife file married but separately too. It shouldn't be a problem for your interview. Lots of married couples in this day and age have separate finances. Just bring other "evidence" to the interview such as bills, apartment lease contract and so on. Steve

Comment

Working...
        X