Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been Married, ALMOST 2 yrs now, how long before I get citizenship? Anyone with Answers..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Married, ALMOST 2 yrs now, how long before I get citizenship? Anyone with Answers..

I have been married ALMOST 2 yrs now and am wondering how long does it take to get your citizenship. We haven't even been called for interview but have EAD. Do I get a permanet GC after 2 yrs and then how long before I get my citizenship? Can someone help?

I have been married ALMOST 2 yrs now and am wondering how long does it take to get your citizenship. We haven't even been called for interview but have EAD. Do I get a permanet GC after 2 yrs and then how long before I get my citizenship? Can someone help?

Comment

If interview after 2 years of marriage you will get your Permanent GC.

Then Citizenship 3 more years if still married and years if not.

Where did you apply AOS, howcome after 2 years no interview yet?

Comment

Applied through TX so have NO idea what is taking so long. Thanks for reply.

Comment

You can become a citizen after three years as GC holding spouse of US citizen. In other words, three years after you get the stamp in your passport saying that you have conditional permanent residency. (you will have to get the conditions lifted before naturalizing, but the time spent with a conditional GC counts)

Comment

In Texas, it can take up to 3 years to receive your GC after filing an I-485. You should probably follow up with the office processing your application to make sure it has not been put on hold for some reason.

Comment

Working...
            X