Student-Work Related

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student-Work Related

Hi Im on an I20 right now and my visa is going to expire in a few months. Do i have the option of applying for an extension, or perhaps getting a work permit, h1b, so that i can start working right away after i graduate?

Hi Im on an I20 right now and my visa is going to expire in a few months. Do i have the option of applying for an extension, or perhaps getting a work permit, h1b, so that i can start working right away after i graduate?

Comment

If you are on F1 with a valid I-20, and about to graduate from college, you may be able to apply for Optional Practical Traning which is valid for 1 year at most. You should ask about it at the international student office of your school. You need to apply for OPT a few months before you graduate since it may take 90 days for you to receive the OPT card from BCIS.

Comment

With OPT, you can work for 1 year. Your job needs to be related to your study. While you are working for a company on OPT, if you find a company who is willing to sponsor you, you can get H1.

Comment

Working...
        X