Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to extend B2 while petitioned by son?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to extend B2 while petitioned by son?

My aunt's multiple entry B2 visa will expire Oct but her i-94 is valid until Dec, also her son, a US Citizen, will petition her. Can anyone tell us what should be done so that she will not be out of status? Thanks in advance.

My aunt's multiple entry B2 visa will expire Oct but her i-94 is valid until Dec, also her son, a US Citizen, will petition her. Can anyone tell us what should be done so that she will not be out of status? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Her USC son may file I-130 and I-485 at the same time. On the INS website said "the parents may be eligible" I don't quite know in what circumstances will they not be eligible though.
      http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/parentapp.htm
      So, if the son can file both of that together she doesn't need to extend her I-94 or visa.

According to form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status) an immediate relative (like parents & spouse) of USC although out of status may file this.

I think her son should file these ASAP. The INS will need a photo copy of her visa page so might as well file this before the expiration in Oct.

Anyone else have a different opinion on this?

Comment

Thanks, this seems logical.

Comment

Working...
        X