Spent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent

"Spent" in this context means that it is no longer necessary for the offence(s) to be declared when applying for employent etc. and should not be taken into consideration if further offences are committed.

In other words, the slate is wiped clean. The severity of the crime determines how much much time must pass before it is considered "spent".(Extremely serious crimes such as murder are never considered to be spent, no matter how much time has passed).

In fact, I recently applied for a police report on myself, and no offences whatsover showed on the report, even though they had done last time I sent off for one.

"Spent" in this context means that it is no longer necessary for the offence(s) to be declared when applying for employent etc. and should not be taken into consideration if further offences are committed.

In other words, the slate is wiped clean. The severity of the crime determines how much much time must pass before it is considered "spent".(Extremely serious crimes such as murder are never considered to be spent, no matter how much time has passed).

In fact, I recently applied for a police report on myself, and no offences whatsover showed on the report, even though they had done last time I sent off for one.

Comment

Ignore this. I hit "new topic" instead of reply (and can't see a delete option).

Comment

Working...
      X