Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY FILIPINA FIANCEE IS MARRIED BUT HAS BEEN SEPARATED FOR 4 YEARS, HAVING PROBLEMS GE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottimus1
    replied
    Hello all,

So I'm looking for answers or solutions. My Filipina fiance is still married has been separated/abandoned for 12 years. No contact with him at all has been made. I am a US citizen. We are planning to get her a visitors visa to come to the US, but we need more guidance. Don't want to get in trouble. Can anyone help please?

Leave a comment:

• Timche
    replied
    Brad I'm curious how that worked out for you? I'm also Dating a philipina who is working in the UAE. But married in the Philippines. We are wanting to be together here in the us.

Leave a comment:

• BradHart
    replied
    Guam

Guam is actually the best option you can use for getting her a divorce. I am sending my fiance to Guam for a 8 to 10 day get away as a tourist. She will be doing it with AirBNB at $12 a day plus providing for her own food. She has a meeting with a local lawyer after 7 days who can then file on her behalf. That is about $1650 in total including all the mailings especially the divorce decree which comes registered through DHL, FED EX, or UPS. We are likely to marry abroad since she has 3 kids and it will save us thousands and her little to no time away from her youngest who is only 4 if we go that route.

Originally posted by mikecebu View Post
    YOU MUST LIVE IN VEGAS 6 WEEKS AND GET A LOCAL RESIDENT TO SIGN HE KNOWS YOU HAVE BEEN 6 WEEKS IN VEGAS. iF X IS WILLING YOU HAVE A DIVORCE SERVICE SEND HER AN EMAIL WITH FORM SHE GETS NOTARY/LAWYER IN PHILIPPINES TO WITNESS SIGNING. THEN SHE MAILS TO YOU IN VEGAS AND YOU GO IN WITH IT AND ALSO SIGN IN FRONT OF NOTARY. THEN THEY FILE AS UNCONTESTED DIVORSE AND IN 3 TO 5DAYS IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GRANTED NO APPEARANCE REQUIRED. YOU CAN THEN USE IT WITH PROOF OF ANY OTHER DIVORCES TO FILE A FIANCEE VISA WHILE IN LAS VEGAS AND GO TO WHATEVER LOCATION YOU LIKE BUT INFORMING IMMIGRATION OF THAT LOCATION AND THEN GO GET HERE WHEN HER APPEARANCE AT EMBASSY HAPPENS AND BRING GF TO USA ON THE VISA AND MARRY IN VEGAS OR ANYWHERE EVEN GUAM. IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE TO DO IT IN GUAM BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE PATICULARS.

Leave a comment:

• mikecebu
    replied
    HOW TO DO IT IN VEGAS

Originally posted by Murwizzard View Post
    Hey..only1mehsm21... I am also currently in the same situation as you are. I have a Filipino girlfriend that is married and we want to further our relationship along with marriage in mind and are at this same problem as you with the annulment process being so expensive and takes so long, if you find out if there's easier faster way here in the US to get a divorce and it's recognized in the Philippines let me know... like you said I have read everybody else's posts and it's kind of old information if there's anything new out there we would like to know..
    YOU MUST LIVE IN VEGAS 6 WEEKS AND GET A LOCAL RESIDENT TO SIGN HE KNOWS YOU HAVE BEEN 6 WEEKS IN VEGAS. iF X IS WILLING YOU HAVE A DIVORCE SERVICE SEND HER AN EMAIL WITH FORM SHE GETS NOTARY/LAWYER IN PHILIPPINES TO WITNESS SIGNING. THEN SHE MAILS TO YOU IN VEGAS AND YOU GO IN WITH IT AND ALSO SIGN IN FRONT OF NOTARY. THEN THEY FILE AS UNCONTESTED DIVORSE AND IN 3 TO 5DAYS IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GRANTED NO APPEARANCE REQUIRED. YOU CAN THEN USE IT WITH PROOF OF ANY OTHER DIVORCES TO FILE A FIANCEE VISA WHILE IN LAS VEGAS AND GO TO WHATEVER LOCATION YOU LIKE BUT INFORMING IMMIGRATION OF THAT LOCATION AND THEN GO GET HERE WHEN HER APPEARANCE AT EMBASSY HAPPENS AND BRING GF TO USA ON THE VISA AND MARRY IN VEGAS OR ANYWHERE EVEN GUAM. IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE TO DO IT IN GUAM BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE PATICULARS.

Leave a comment:

• Murwizzard
    replied
    Hi there I am in the same situation as you are I have a girlfriend in the Philippines that is married and wants to get an annulment but it cost a lot and it takes too much time hoping we can find a way to speed up the process here in the US I hoping they are some loopholes if anybody could guide us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated with some accurate information and if you find out anything please keep me updated thanks

Leave a comment:

• Murwizzard
    replied
    Hey..only1mehsm21... I am also currently in the same situation as you are. I have a Filipino girlfriend that is married and we want to further our relationship along with marriage in mind and are at this same problem as you with the annulment process being so expensive and takes so long, if you find out if there's easier faster way here in the US to get a divorce and it's recognized in the Philippines let me know... like you said I have read everybody else's posts and it's kind of old information if there's anything new out there we would like to know..

Leave a comment:

• mikecebu
    replied
    singapore.

Originally posted by only1mehsm21 View Post
    I've read every ones information but it seems like it's all pretty old information. I just want to ask if there's any new updated information or any changes that they have made in the Philippines up until now? the reason I ask is because I have a girlfriend in the Philippines who is married also but they've been separated for 4 years I'm having a hard time trying to get her here of course because there is no divorce in the Philippines. I understand that all too well. is there anyway to get her here at least to come visit me and stay for a few months then maybe get her a divorce here and I can marry her here? I went to the Philippines to visit her twice already and we've known each other for about two years.
    Ihave readwere you can rent a place in singapore for her and you to establish residence and marry her there or divorce from her philippine marriageand then marry her in singapore which usa recognizes then apply as fiancee. expensive way around.

Leave a comment:

• only1mehsm21
    replied
    I've read every ones information but it seems like it's all pretty old information. I just want to ask if there's any new updated information or any changes that they have made in the Philippines up until now? the reason I ask is because I have a girlfriend in the Philippines who is married also but they've been separated for 4 years I'm having a hard time trying to get her here of course because there is no divorce in the Philippines. I understand that all too well. is there anyway to get her here at least to come visit me and stay for a few months then maybe get her a divorce here and I can marry her here? I went to the Philippines to visit her twice already and we've known each other for about two years.

Leave a comment:

• mikecebu
    replied
    recognition of foreign divorce in ph possible.

Originally posted by ;170344
    Well, that's tough one. FYI, there's no Divorce in the Philippines since it's dominantly a catholic country. Second, getting an annulment is not easy either because you have to prove that the marriage was fraud from very beginning.
    you can as a philippine citizen have your american divorce to an american recognized in philippines in 6months to a year. if married to a philippina and divorce in usa the american can sometimes file a fiancee visa if the fiancee has a nso saying single. he does not need do a seperate philippine annulment unless he wants marry in philippines

Leave a comment:

• amity
    replied
    Hi! Do you mean you filed and was granted the divorce when you were already out of visa or an overstay?

Leave a comment:

• calipinoy
    replied
    this is for <Grace>, i want to try the B1/B2, and then get my fiance a divorce in Las Vegas, and marry her like you posted, but she also has a son there too, can you help me, please

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OK, that last reply came late and ANgel has now addressed this issue. Am still concerned about it and think Grace ought to get specific legal advice from an attorney (or a second opinion if she already has).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I kind of agree with Me2's first point, I am not at all convinced that getting a divorce in Vegas would really do the trick. Seems to me that you would still be married in Phillipines. I hate to say it, but my gut feeling on the person who came and got a divorce in Vegas then married and filed for adjustment has at least two potential problems: (1) when the marriage comes up at the adj of status interview, the interviewer is liable to realize that the divorce was not effective in the Phillipines and deny the petition; and (2) the BCIS may interpret this as visa fraud since they came over on a tourist visa when their real intent was to marry/immigrate to the U.S. I would definitely check these scheme out with a competent immigration attorney before trying it; it sounds like a "feel good" short-term answer that will land people in trouble down the road.

I think this point is implicit in Angel's reply to and Angel's advice to "do it right the first time," since Angel did not bother addressing the whole "go to Vegas" scheme.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Grace,
    I understand that you successfully did your divorce. However I see in your post the key word "both consented". It is very obvious that your ex husband was involve with someone else which is why there was no difficulties caused by either side. You have to take in consideration that other factor, first is that if you divorce your spouse(ah let say your in california), then the california applies for that matter. If you divorce without his consent, then you can be charged with bigamy under the philippine law and you can get extradited. Your one of the lucky ones, it is not that easy and there are two laws that you have to take in consideration before making any attempts such as getting married without dissolving the current marriage.
    If your state law applies when you divorce and your ex spouse is entitied to but not limited to lets say...alimony etc...then you still need to pay that.

I know life is too short to be living apart from your love of your life, however this kind of situation truely needs a time and proper processing.

If you really think about it. Many of the Filipino here in the U.S. one way or the other lied about being married in order to come here. Many of them claimed to be single. If annulment is so easy...why didn't they just to that?

Its a pretty complicated world out there. Again...."DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I got you,but well that i dont know, maybe he or she can consult a lawyer. And may you have a wonderful life too.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation