question about children

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about children

ON the AOS interview...what if they ask us about having children? Actually, we have not talked about it much. I am an older wife...we could
    have a child or we could adopt. I know my husband definitely does not believe in divorce...
    children are maybe something down the line....
    Does anyone have thoughts on this?

ON the AOS interview...what if they ask us about having children? Actually, we have not talked about it much. I am an older wife...we could
    have a child or we could adopt. I know my husband definitely does not believe in divorce...
    children are maybe something down the line....
    Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Comment

Usually the officer will ask if either of you have any children, not whether you plan to have any. You can just truthfully answer "no kids", and that should be it.

If the officer does ask about any plans for kids, I would just say that you are discussing it, but haven't made any decisions yet. Whether a couple has children (or plans to have children) doesn't affect the legitimacy of the marriage.

Comment

i do have a son. Truthfully, I have thought about it...but my age is a factor..although my OB-GYN
        doctor said, it would be risky but could be done
        with all the new medical advances today. Or we
        could adopt.... we just have made no decisions
        yet.

Comment

Don't be at all concerned about that question. Having children is a matter of choice and not a requirement. My fiance is much younger than I am and I'm way past having or wanting to have children. I'm ready for ME!!! Children don't make a marriage more legitimate. Take care

Comment

Working...
          X