Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-I-360 Petition for Amerasian, widower or special immigrant

Hi,

Few days ago, I received a notice from INS in Vermont that my application for Vawa(violent against women act) has been reviewed and found it to establish a prima facie case for classification under the self-petitioning provisions of the Violence Against Women Act.

The letter also states that a "we will send you a written notice as soon as we make a decision on this case. It is expected that a final decision will be made in this case before the end of 150 days"

Can anyone please tell me what this notice means and how long will it take to get back to me? Will they approve my green card.

Please help.

Thank you all

B.

BCIS has found on a cursory view that you might be eligible to be classified under VAWA. As suggested in letter, BCIS will convey you their final decision within 150 days. It is not necessary that they will take 150 days, you might get their decision in mail much earlier. Language of this letter shows that you have every hope of approval of your GC.
    Good luck.

Comment

Thank you Umesh Passi for the information.

Do you know what happens after BCIS gets back to me. If I were to be approved the VAWA, what is the next step I will take in getting my green card. Do the BCIS automatically approves my green card after I get the approved VAWA from Vermont.

Please help with more information.

Thanks

Betty

Comment

Working...
      X