X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B->Laid off->Married to US citizen->Parent of US citizen

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me out here.
    I have an H1B sponsored by my company. however, I got laid off on June 26th, 2002. I am also the wife of a US citizen and mother of a US citizen. We got married Oct last year and the reason for not filing to adjust status was due to high-risk pregnancy. I am a little confused as to what I should put in my I-485 form under Current STatus..

Can someone help?

So, sequence of events are
    1. Held H1B
    2. married US citizen July, 2001
    3. Gave birth April, 2002
    4. laid off June 26th.

Thanks!

Terri

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me out here.
    I have an H1B sponsored by my company. however, I got laid off on June 26th, 2002. I am also the wife of a US citizen and mother of a US citizen. We got married Oct last year and the reason for not filing to adjust status was due to high-risk pregnancy. I am a little confused as to what I should put in my I-485 form under Current STatus..

Can someone help?

So, sequence of events are
    1. Held H1B
    2. married US citizen July, 2001
    3. Gave birth April, 2002
    4. laid off June 26th.

Thanks!

Terri

Comment

Go to http://k1.exit.com and ask this there. There are a couple of good lawyers who hang out there and they seem to be pretty skilled.

You could put the H1B status and the actual expiration date with a note that you were recently laid off. It does not matter because if you are married to a US citizen, your overstay will be pardoned.

Ask anyway just to be sure, these are good people on that board and it is not just for fiance questions.

good luck

Comment

Working...
      X