Andean Adjustment Act of 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andean Adjustment Act of 2003

Does anyone have any recent information on this bill? I know that it was introduced by Congressman Diaz-Balart of Florida, and it will allow Peruvians and Columbians present in the U.S. before December 31, 1999 to apply for lawful permanent residence.

I also know the bill was created for Peruvians, who had to flee their country due to Fugimori's dictatorship, and for Columbians because of of drug cartels, guerillas, etc.

I have done some research over the internet, and found where the bill was referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims on September 4, 2003.

I was just wondering whether anyone out there knew anything else about this.

My husband is Peruvian, and we are getting ready to file I-130 petition. I couldn't help but get a little excited over this news. Am I getting my hopes up too soon?

Does anyone have any recent information on this bill? I know that it was introduced by Congressman Diaz-Balart of Florida, and it will allow Peruvians and Columbians present in the U.S. before December 31, 1999 to apply for lawful permanent residence.

I also know the bill was created for Peruvians, who had to flee their country due to Fugimori's dictatorship, and for Columbians because of of drug cartels, guerillas, etc.

I have done some research over the internet, and found where the bill was referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims on September 4, 2003.

I was just wondering whether anyone out there knew anything else about this.

My husband is Peruvian, and we are getting ready to file I-130 petition. I couldn't help but get a little excited over this news. Am I getting my hopes up too soon?

Comment

Hi,
      I didn't know anything about this bill but I've done several searches as well and can't find anything past when it was referred. Is it possible to contact someone on the subcommittee and ask for an update?

Comment

Working...
      X