Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Hi Maximu,

On November 6, they took my fingerprints and picture. They told me I will recieve my EAD in 1 or 2 months. The next day I check my case statuts online and they said I was approved. On November 11 I received my EAD card on the mail (just a week after!). Tomorrow I am going to ask for a SS number (that may take 2 weeks if my name is already in the system). Like you, I am in the process of AOS thru marriage. I live in NY, but this kind of applications are being processed all in Missouri (so I guess it will take the same amount of time).

Comment

Hi, Guys. I applied for AOS in NYC thruogh marriage about a month ago and still have not received anything, not even receipt for payment. Do you think this is normal?What was your time frame?

Comment

I prepared and sent everything personally.

Comment

I sent by certified mail. I checked USPS website and it says that it was delivered.

Comment

It took us 2 months to get a notice from them in Atlanta, but we knew it got there we sent it by cerified mail and we got the return receipt.

Comment

Maximu76,
                What office are you dealing with? I went to the TX office. I filed in Sept. and got called for my work author.in Dec and went in and answered a few questions and only took a print of one finger and they took my picture and I got my card on the spot while I waited.
                Then I went back for fingerprints in February.
                So not sure why you didn't get yours right away.

Comment

actually maximu76, I have the same problem as you do. I went for my fingerprinting on the 3rd of November. It has been almost a month and I still havent gotten anything in the mail yet. They told me as they told you that it will arrive in the mail but they didnt know when. So I called them last week and they just told me to keep waiting. So I dont know, I am thinking about calling them again sometime this week. Let me know how your case goes.

Comment

actually I got confused. I don't think my fingerprinting was for the work authorization. I think it was for my AOS, but i had my picture taken for my work authorization on Nov.3 and I still havent gotten my EAD. Anybody in the same situation? or does anybody know what might be the cause for such an unusual wait for EAD?

Comment

hey maximu76,

I see our cases are almost identical. Do you have AIM or other chatting service so we can talk there. I filed all of my paper work in Indianapolis. Yeah, I did check my status online, but it doesnt say anything important. Only that they received my application and that they sent me a receipt and thats all. Let me know abuot the chatting service so we can talk more easily

Comment

ok maximu76 i have I dont have yahoo but i do have ICQ. i will talk to you on there sometime. i will message you so you can get my # also.

Comment

Working...
                        X