I140 issue - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 issue - please help

my company filed my 140 in Jan and rd jan 30th. then we file 485/ead/ap on mar 10th. No receipt or ead till now. lawyer called up INS and found that 140 fee check got bounced and 140 is deactivated. we need to file again. my problem is my husband H1 expires in another two months and we need to get EAD asap. once we resubmit for 140/485 - will he be able to legally stay and work in US? please advice our best option to do

my company filed my 140 in Jan and rd jan 30th. then we file 485/ead/ap on mar 10th. No receipt or ead till now. lawyer called up INS and found that 140 fee check got bounced and 140 is deactivated. we need to file again. my problem is my husband H1 expires in another two months and we need to get EAD asap. once we resubmit for 140/485 - will he be able to legally stay and work in US? please advice our best option to do

Comment

Yes he can stay, because he will have a technical status of "applicant for permanent residence." He can't work until he gets the EAD. You may be able to get a temporary EAD if you can show the company's extreme need or that the application has been on file for over 90 days.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Working...
      X