Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julie and everyone please help. I-134 Question for Mumbai

Hey Everyone,
    I have a simple question. For I-134 Affadavit of Support. My father is self-employeed. And on the I-134 Application it says if you are self employed provide last tax return. Now since my father and my mom who is also self-employed and also my mother is working for an employeer and both parents are co-sponsors for me since I am primary sponsor for my fiance. But my questions is does my dad need to give three year tax return on his business or is one year enough. I mean I have three year tax return for me and since my mom is a co-sponsor she has given me three year tax return with her w-2 and my dad has given me his one year tax return from the business. But I wanted to know should I send three year tax return inseatd of one year or current tax return for self-employment. The interview for my fiance will be in Mumbai. Please reply.
    Thanks,
    Vpatel

Hey Everyone,
    I have a simple question. For I-134 Affadavit of Support. My father is self-employeed. And on the I-134 Application it says if you are self employed provide last tax return. Now since my father and my mom who is also self-employed and also my mother is working for an employeer and both parents are co-sponsors for me since I am primary sponsor for my fiance. But my questions is does my dad need to give three year tax return on his business or is one year enough. I mean I have three year tax return for me and since my mom is a co-sponsor she has given me three year tax return with her w-2 and my dad has given me his one year tax return from the business. But I wanted to know should I send three year tax return inseatd of one year or current tax return for self-employment. The interview for my fiance will be in Mumbai. Please reply.
    Thanks,
    Vpatel

Comment

All co-sponsors should provide three (3) years of federal tax returns. Better to have too many documents than too few.

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

thank you all
          Now one more thing. Since I do nto make much money. The Embassy people will look at my co-sponsors for the rest of the money support that I can not support. So to given an example. If the house hold income on the poverty line is $30,500 and person A) makes 9,000 and then the rest of the 21,500 will be looked upon by the other 2 co-sponsors B & C. If I am right please tell me.
          Thanks,
          Vpatel

Comment

0If you read the poverty guidelines, you will note that if a co-sponser is used their income/assets must equal 5 times the poverty guidelines for # of family members. So if your household poverty guideline is $30,500 multiply by x 5 = $152,500 is needed to qualify

Comment

Ok
              Thanks Julie. Just one more thing. I did a round estimation but I am not sure if I am right. But since my income is less then 10K and I am guessing my folks have an income of about 35K so I guess that will be enough for support? What do u think Julie? Please send me the link to the poverty page that talkes about this "5 times the Poverty guideline."
              Thanks,
              Vpatel
              P.S. I am taking number guesses. I am trying to be as correct as I can. I have to look over the papers I have ready to see what the real numbers might be.

[This message was edited by vpatel on December 02, 2003 at 12:37 PM.]

Comment

I found the website Julie. Sorry
                Thanks
                Vpatel

Comment

Working...
                X