transferring case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transferring case

my lawyer has decided to take a job with the state and as such transfered our case to another lawyer.Now we paid our lawyer up front but this new lawyer wants to charge us too,,,as he says thereis alot of work to be done plse advise

my lawyer has decided to take a job with the state and as such transfered our case to another lawyer.Now we paid our lawyer up front but this new lawyer wants to charge us too,,,as he says thereis alot of work to be done plse advise

Comment

The original lawyer should be able to refund your money. If not, you may want to seek advice from the Bar Association in which he/she is licensed.

You have the right to look for your own attorney if you are dissatisfied with the current attorney.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

complain to the "Better Business Buereou" (look it up in the yellow or white pages), or complain with the state (that he has practiced and is going to practice in the future), as an active attorney he must be licensed and that includes good conduct!

Talk to the media and if all else fails, apply for your intake in a "small claims court" (depending on the state in which all of this takes place that could be done up to amounts of $5,000). Good look!

Usually, a good attorney will be smart enough to give you back the money that he hasn't used.

Comment

just pay the money,that happened to me.My lawyer back in 99 charged me $1000 and she did not do anything and we were waiting for yhe aos inerview and a day before that she said"i am sorry,i will be out of town.But my friend would go with u and u got to pay her $500 cash"i did pay her and she did not do anything but sit there while i was interviewd and as i had every thing done by myself i felt i was just a victim to greedy lawyers,but,what can u do....welcome to america.

Comment

Working...
          X