Local BCIS Office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local BCIS Office

I see posts regarding local BCIS offices and don't understand what they are used for. I live in TN so I think the closest one is in Memphis? I thought in k-1 that I-129f was filed in Texas and in k-3 that I-130 was filed in Texas and then I-129f was to be filed in MS. Can the local office be used for something and if so would it be faster??

I see posts regarding local BCIS offices and don't understand what they are used for. I live in TN so I think the closest one is in Memphis? I thought in k-1 that I-129f was filed in Texas and in k-3 that I-130 was filed in Texas and then I-129f was to be filed in MS. Can the local office be used for something and if so would it be faster??

Comment

I think that adjustment of status has to be filed in person at a local office, but don't hold me to it. They might do fingerprinting and things like that there, too. I do know that I-130's are to be sent to service centers. It's just a big, ineffecient, bureaucratic mess. Why do you think it takes two years to process a two-page application? I called and spoke to a "customer service rep" on Friday. She knew nothing so she transfered me to an immigration officer. I asked the immigration officer why my I can't pull up status information from the internet or the 1-800 # for my 5 month old petition. The only answer she could give me was "I don't know." She couldn't even give me an "I'll look into it." She was friendly enough, but it made me wonder about the efficiency of the BCIS. I have a strong suspicion that the ball gets dropped on a regular basis there.

Comment

Working...
      X