marrying a foreigner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marrying a foreigner

hello.....my partner is here on a 6 month B1 visa. We plan to get married, while he is here now......is there anything we need to do before marrying?...( i am a us citizen). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

hello.....my partner is here on a 6 month B1 visa. We plan to get married, while he is here now......is there anything we need to do before marrying?...( i am a us citizen). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Just make sure he/she is the write one!!! ;0)
      ....joking....just a little humor here...

Just do it, baby!
      Get married, get your marriage license and then fill out the appropriate immigration papers!
      Go to www.immigration.gov(the official site) and you can download all the needed forms.
      Good luck and happy happy happy marriage!

Comment

thanks simona.....he's the right one....so can we just go get hitched or do we have to inform the ins first?

Comment

You can get married and file for AOS afterwards, do not inform INS.

Good luck.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigration

Comment

whats aos?

Comment

Get married, BUT!!!!!!! before doing that,
              make sure that you read the info on the official immigration site.
              It's better to get married BEFORE he is out of status.
              Get married!. You love each other, so you'll get married. That's what human beings do, right?
              Don't wait till his visa will expire.
              You'll have 2 advantages this way:
              1. You'll still be in status(before expiration)
              2. It will fasten the process--the faster you fill , the better.
              Ok?? ;0)

Comment

Las Vegas here we come!!!......thanks for ya help.....what is an AOS?...thanks again

Comment

AOS... Adjustement Of Status. changing status to become a permanent resident.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigration

Comment

dO YOU GET WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY????? i HOPE i USED THE RIGHT WORDS, WITHOUT CONFUSING YOU.
                    All right.......;0)

Simona
                    posted April 23, 2003 10:02 PM
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Nobody knows better than the ins itself.Even if you'll get 10 thousand contradictory answers and you won't know which one to choose, you have to end up by choosing what the ins says, get it the right info from the source.

Comment

Sorry

Comment

Since your friend is on a B-2 visa and he is legal here, you can get married and sponsor him by filing an I-130. He will then apply for AOS (Adjustment of Status), an I-485 and Work Authorization I-765 along with the other related Forms.

Congratulations and May Your Lives Be Filled With Happiness.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Comment

;0)

Comment

I guess what "one heart" posted was already posted, in different words.......lol
                            Funny people these days........

(when you;ll go to look into the forms, that form that "one heart" is talking about will, of course , be included, but by you going to the site, looking at the forms, etc., will give you a better understanding on what this procees is all about. My expression:"It's better to know what you'll eat before you open your mouth, than just eating without knowing, only having a vague idea or not an idea at all" I don't know if you find my saying interesting, I do.)......

Now, YOU decide!
                            You have one path in front of you:
                            -take it with your eyes closed
                            -take it with your eyes open
                            0r
                            -take it with your eyes partially open.

;0)

Lots of luck and ...don't forget to buy the rings, even though this will not be the wedding, but only the ceremony!You'll exchange them there, in front of the person handing you the certificate........and, oh, before I forget, you'll need a witness with you. The witness will HAVE to be there, ok?
                            ;0)

Comment

thank you all so much for your advice and good wishes....and samona...youre too funny....god bless...and the ddd stands for debbie does dallas...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X