No announcement yet.

What happens when you are denied entry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when you are denied entry?

Hi,

I may consider travelling on AP soon. As part of my preparations, I would like to know what happens when you are denied admission at POE?
    Can you get back again to the US? What about the pending 1-485?

Thanks much!
    ZabZub
    Beware of small expenses. A small leak could sink a big ship.

Your case will be considered abandonned. You will have to file for a waiver to r-enter the US and only than you can start the AOS again.

AP is at your own risk and does not guarantee admission. If you have overstayed your visa by more than 180 days or have entered the US illegally I wouldn't advice using it but this is merely an opinion. Also make sure you do not leave the US for more than 1 year.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

what is this waiver? any form #? how long does it typically take to approve such a waiver?

what if i re-start the aos process thru the embassy in my home country?

pls advise.

thks!

Comment

anyone??????

Comment

The 2 waivers would be I-212 and I-601. They are pretty hard to get but not impossible. Time varies but count on at least 1 year.

I don't think you can start the AOS proccess again at an embassy as you have to be present in the US while applying.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
          I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

thks for the info. appreciate that!

Comment

Working...
            X