Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For MMORALES

MMorales,

Thank you very much for your response to my OPT question yesterday.

I understood what you wrote, except for the part about the cancelled check. What do you mean by 'cancelled check'? I checked with my bank, and the $120 check has not even been cashed yet.

Where do I get the A# from? The bank?

Thanks,

SR.

MMorales,

Thank you very much for your response to my OPT question yesterday.

I understood what you wrote, except for the part about the cancelled check. What do you mean by 'cancelled check'? I checked with my bank, and the $120 check has not even been cashed yet.

Where do I get the A# from? The bank?

Thanks,

SR.

Comment

Always use money order. Checks delay your case.

Comment

Hi Hello, what you mean checks delays the case? Is that something to do with their procedures or banking system?

Comment

Yes thats correct. I would not use a check with INS because its a longer process than money order. Use money order but use certified mail to be sure they got your papers.

Comment

Yes, if you use money orders, then you can sometimes contact the company that issued it and get the A# from there.

My perspective is a bit different, because attorneys use an IOLTA checking account. The process is not slowed by the use of these checks, because a dishonored check could put the attorney in disciplinary proceedings.

Anyhow, American Express has been very helpful with this type of sitatution in the past.

Comment

Working...
            X