Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i legally working

Hi,
    I got a H1 approved when i was in India. But i came here to USA on a H4 visa. After coming here, i got an oppurtunity to work at some place. So, i got my SSN using my H1. and started working using that H1 visa. My consultant is paying taxes and all other stuff on that SSN.
    Is it possible to get my H1 transfer to a new co. or take an extension on the old one.

If anybody there has this kind of issue or know abt this, can u reply to this pls.

Thanks.

Srilatha.

Hi,
    I got a H1 approved when i was in India. But i came here to USA on a H4 visa. After coming here, i got an oppurtunity to work at some place. So, i got my SSN using my H1. and started working using that H1 visa. My consultant is paying taxes and all other stuff on that SSN.
    Is it possible to get my H1 transfer to a new co. or take an extension on the old one.

If anybody there has this kind of issue or know abt this, can u reply to this pls.

Thanks.

Srilatha.

Comment

Yes,
      You might have SSN valid with work authorization. You will be able to extend HiB status for six year, and if Under labor certification or AOS you will get another one years extension.

Comment

What are the nominal fee any lawyer takes to do the transfer of H1.

Comment

Depends upon area.
          Normally its $1000

Comment

Working...
          X