Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT/EAD Application

Hi,

I have a question. I recently graduated from an MBA Program and applied for my OPT or EAD (as it is now called) on April 29, 2003. So far I have not heard anything from BCIS, and I understand it takes them a while to respond with the receipt number etc.

My problem is that I have a job, due to start in August, and with the way things are going, its unlikely that I will get my EAD card in time to start my job.

I wanted to know what my options are? Is there a way I can expedite my application as I have a pending job offer? Is a pending job offer a legitimate reason for expediting an OPT application at the Vermont Service Center?

Or is there any other option or path that I can follow to get my EAD card by August.

Can anyone please advise me on what to do next? If there is anything I can do, I can do it now!

Hi,

I have a question. I recently graduated from an MBA Program and applied for my OPT or EAD (as it is now called) on April 29, 2003. So far I have not heard anything from BCIS, and I understand it takes them a while to respond with the receipt number etc.

My problem is that I have a job, due to start in August, and with the way things are going, its unlikely that I will get my EAD card in time to start my job.

I wanted to know what my options are? Is there a way I can expedite my application as I have a pending job offer? Is a pending job offer a legitimate reason for expediting an OPT application at the Vermont Service Center?

Or is there any other option or path that I can follow to get my EAD card by August.

Can anyone please advise me on what to do next? If there is anything I can do, I can do it now!

Comment

Once your application has been on file for more than 90 days, your local district office can issue a temporary card until your permanent card is approved. If you do not have a receipt yet, try looking on the cancelled check for an A#. Take this A# and try to get an update from the Service Center via e-mail. You will need this e-mail as proof of your filing.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

MMorales,

Thank you very much for your response. I understood what you wrote, except for the part about the cancelled check. What do you mean by 'cancelled check'? I checked with my bank, and the $120 check has not even been cashed yet. Where do I get the A# from? The bank?

Thanks,

SR.

Comment

Working...
        X