Advance Parole reasons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole reasons

I am a UK citizen in the US with an application to adjust status to perm res pending and I want to get a 1 year multiple entry advance parole document:

1. Is it necesary to have a reason such as family death/wedding or business to obtain advance parole. I am just wanting to visit family (although there are some concerns over a parents health) and also possible do so short term contract/temp work (as I'm struggling over here at present.

2. Are there any conditions on how long you can be outside the US once you have the advance parole (i.e. could you stay out for up to 1 year)?

Appreciate some advice.

I am a UK citizen in the US with an application to adjust status to perm res pending and I want to get a 1 year multiple entry advance parole document:

1. Is it necesary to have a reason such as family death/wedding or business to obtain advance parole. I am just wanting to visit family (although there are some concerns over a parents health) and also possible do so short term contract/temp work (as I'm struggling over here at present.

2. Are there any conditions on how long you can be outside the US once you have the advance parole (i.e. could you stay out for up to 1 year)?

Appreciate some advice.

Comment

Well just put on there that you want to visit your family and that there are health concerns. That's what I did with mine a few years ago.
      As for how long you can stay out of the country, I think it's 6months. I'm not really sure. You may want to ask your INS office since you have to go down there to give the form anyways.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Apply a multiple entry in your AP. INS will not question you on why do you have to go out of the US every month.

Comment

no

yes and no

Comment

Working...
          X