Change of Address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Address

I have not submitted a change of adress form. If I submit one now and my old address is different from the one on file will that create a problem? I have moved twice since I came to the USA. I am a permanent resident

I have not submitted a change of adress form. If I submit one now and my old address is different from the one on file will that create a problem? I have moved twice since I came to the USA. I am a permanent resident

Comment

I don't know how an agency that issued a new visa to Mohammed Atta six months after his suicide attack on the WTC can be serious on enforcing such a regulation.

Comment

How do the INS know your address is different since they know the one you report only? I mean how do they (the INS)know you have lived different addresses? Any system to check on that?

I am jus curious.

Comment

I have same question. 2 years ago an adress change created the biggest mess in my paperwork. I would like to move again, because of the high rent, but terrified that INS will lose my file again. Could I actually use a P.O. Box #? Would they except it as a permanent address? I don't have any relatives in here to use their address as permanent.
          Anyway, I don't understand why is time limit for address change is 10 days, if it takes from 6 to 8 months for INS to process it?!

Comment

because it's impossible for the majority of people and it won't make a difference to INS either if you report it or not; they're just looking at ways to make more people be removable...

by the way the address change requirement was always a law, but it was rarely enforced, because the petioning U.S. citizen (such as spouse, family etc.) could be required to pay $10,000 fines.

Comment

Working...
            X