Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Visa extension

Hi all,

I am currently on post-completion pratical training after graduating with a MS degree. My F-1 visa expires on August 1, 2003. I am planning to
    move as I have got an admit for PhD at another
    University. I was wondering if I could get my Visa
    extended with the new PhD I-20 through the US embassy in Canada ? Or do I need to travel to my
    home country for an extension stamp after the recent change of policies. Please post your opinion if anyone has any idea about this.

Thanks

Hi all,

I am currently on post-completion pratical training after graduating with a MS degree. My F-1 visa expires on August 1, 2003. I am planning to
    move as I have got an admit for PhD at another
    University. I was wondering if I could get my Visa
    extended with the new PhD I-20 through the US embassy in Canada ? Or do I need to travel to my
    home country for an extension stamp after the recent change of policies. Please post your opinion if anyone has any idea about this.

Thanks

Comment

I'm curious about this too. My husband and I are thinking of visiting Canada. He's on an F-1, while mine is and F-2, and both our entry visas (in our passports) are expired. I've heard that if the visit is less than 30 days, we won't need a valid entry visa, and also that we'll need entry visas regardless of the length of stay. Any ideas?

Comment

Since Nov 2002, if you leave the US and go either to Canada or Mexico, you NEED a proper visa to come back to the US. If you're visit is for less than 30 days you dont need to surrender the I94. However even if you have a valid I94 you still need a valid visa to enter the US.
        Hope this helps......good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X