Naturalization Certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization Certificate

My daughter is 17 years old. She got her passport based on my naturalization certificate. If she decides to get her own naturalization certificate after she is 18, would that require that she goes through the same process I went through to become a USC?

My daughter is 17 years old. She got her passport based on my naturalization certificate. If she decides to get her own naturalization certificate after she is 18, would that require that she goes through the same process I went through to become a USC?

Comment

Hi Bouree,

Why didn't you include her in your petition?

Comment

If she was included on your natz application, she should have been issued a natz certificate. If not, she is not a USC. Therefore any passport issued to her is fraudulent.

Comment

I certainly included her in my petition but she was under age when I filed. The regulations say minor children get naturalized automatically once their parents do.

Comment

Your daughter became USC when you were Naturalized by action of law.

You should file N-600 for her to obtain Certificate of Citizenship as she is still under 18.

Comment

I realize I can obtain a naturalization certificate for my daughter. The question is: if she decides to file for N-600 herself few years from now, when she is say 21. Will she have to go through the entire naturalization process or will she only have to file for N-600 and pay the required fees?

Comment

she is US citizen.. why would she have to "naturalize" again?!

I have never heard similar question, but I am pretty sure she does NOT need to go through the whole naturalization process. It is not like her citizenship was granted until she turns 21 or so..

Comment

Please explain how she got a US passport without a natz certificate? That is impossible unless you lied on the passport application and claimed she was a citizen by birth and provided a bogus birth cert, otherwise you would have had to supply or show the natz certificate.

Comment

The fact is I can't afford the N-600 fee right now. I'm trying to figure out if this can be done some time in the future. My fear is this might be difficult to process once she turns 18.

Comment

Hi Bouree,

Did you read all the responses on this thread? If you included your daughter on your app for Citizenship and it was approved, she is already a citizen.

Comment

So are you telling me that there is no point or added value in obtaining a naturalization certificate for my daughter?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bouree:
                          So are you telling me that there is no point or added value in obtaining a naturalization certificate for my daughter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm saying if you already included her in your orginal petition and it was approved, she is already a citizen.

Comment

Have you obtained her US Passport? If not, at least you should get her passport now.

Comment

Hi Fed86

Children below 18 can get US passport by submitting one of their parent's naturalizaion certificate. Since children become USCs automatically once their one of the partent is USA by action of law, they do not need to have physical Nat. Certificate or Citizenship Certificete. But they may obtain Certification of Citizenship by filing N-600.

Comment

Working...
                              X