Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 and change of address

hi all,
    i was living in boston and applied for the N400 there.
    after i applied for the N400, i changed my address, a few days ago, and moved to a different state - new york.
    i put my permamnt address as NY on the n400 form (and my tempoaray address as boston) - so i can still get mail from INS.

but my interview is scheduled to be in boston - in about 3 months, and i am now living in new york.
    is that ok?
    i am required to file i change of address form?

the thing i worry about , filing a change of address form - is that it will delay the process and my file will move from boston to new york - and i will have to wait another year for the process to start again. so i would rather, if possible, have the interview in boston.

would the question of where i'm living now - come up in the interview?

thanks so much for your help

hi all,
    i was living in boston and applied for the N400 there.
    after i applied for the N400, i changed my address, a few days ago, and moved to a different state - new york.
    i put my permamnt address as NY on the n400 form (and my tempoaray address as boston) - so i can still get mail from INS.

but my interview is scheduled to be in boston - in about 3 months, and i am now living in new york.
    is that ok?
    i am required to file i change of address form?

the thing i worry about , filing a change of address form - is that it will delay the process and my file will move from boston to new york - and i will have to wait another year for the process to start again. so i would rather, if possible, have the interview in boston.

would the question of where i'm living now - come up in the interview?

thanks so much for your help

Comment

Yes, you have to be truthful at Interview. It will take another 2 - 3 months if you will do it right and file AR-11 for change of address. If you have received a receipt, then you can write a letter and send them copy of that receipt letter.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X