Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU" -- GOODBYE FROM ALL US!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU" -- GOODBYE FROM ALL US!

In light of the persecution waged by the American government, immigrants who risk to be arrested and detained are leaving the United States of America. They do not hate American people, they're just fed up with cranky laws that do nothing but legitimize the immigrants' discrimination. Many illegal aliens, honest people who were victimized by the system are going to Canada or their own countries. To everyone who is dear to them, be these ones their co-nationals or American friends who will remain in the U.S., they say "Goodbye" to them via this well-known song of Whitney Houston:

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

If I should stay
    I would only be in your way
    So I'll go, but I know
    I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way
    And I will always love you
    I will always love you
    You
    My darling, ooh

Bittersweet memories
    That is all I'm taking with me
    So goodbye--please don't cry
    We both know I'm not what you, you need

I will always love you

I hope life treats you kind
    And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
    And I wish you joy and happiness
    But, above all this, I wish you love

I will always love you
    I will always love you
    I will always love you
    I will always love you
    I, I will always love you

You
    Darling, I love you
    Ooh, I'll always
    I will always love you

In light of the persecution waged by the American government, immigrants who risk to be arrested and detained are leaving the United States of America. They do not hate American people, they're just fed up with cranky laws that do nothing but legitimize the immigrants' discrimination. Many illegal aliens, honest people who were victimized by the system are going to Canada or their own countries. To everyone who is dear to them, be these ones their co-nationals or American friends who will remain in the U.S., they say "Goodbye" to them via this well-known song of Whitney Houston:

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

If I should stay
    I would only be in your way
    So I'll go, but I know
    I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way
    I will always love you
    You
    My darling, ooh

Bittersweet memories
    That is all I'm taking with me
    So goodbye--please don't cry
    We both know I'm not what you, you need

I will always love you

I hope life treats you kind
    And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
    And I wish you joy and happiness
    But, above all this, I wish you love

I will always love you
    I will always love you
    I will always love you
    I will always love you
    I, I will always love you

You
    Darling, I love you
    Ooh, I'll always
    I will always love you

Comment

Indeed many sad stories: I did a little research on this forum and found this for instance:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=3576053802

Comment

This is an interesting thread. Sadly, it's not just the illegal immigrants or people with something to hide that are being mistreated. I am a permanent resident, but because of the way I was recently treated by the local driver licence office - not a big deal, just a name change - I, too, am considering moving elsewhere. When I showed up to apply for a new licence, I was insulted and harassed, accused of breaking the law and multum of other things, after I told them I was a permanent resident. I wrote a letter of complaint after the incident, with which I may or may not get somewhere. If the situation begins repeating itself in other offices, I will reconsider staying in the US. Most Americans are great folks and those I have met have never been rude to me. I have good friends here, am treated with respect in the store and in the bank, and in turn I volunteer for local organization that helps citizens and immigrants alike. But when government agencies single me out for bad treatment because I am not US citizen and when they accuse me of breaking the law - law that they don't know - I draw the line. Why reward the government that treats us like trash by continuing to pay income taxes here?

Mine is just a small example, but think of all those carted to jail just because of their last names, and later released without apology after the government couldn't get anything negative on them? Why should they stay here? Why shouldn't highly educated immigrants start settling in Europe or Australia instead?

Comment

You haven't seen anything yet! Wait until the South American countries' citizens are being called-in for special reg. You think the houses are expensive now! OH boy! I'm in construction industry and I can tell you without them it is just going to be brutal for the consumer.

Peace,

Comment

Devastating it'll be I guess if Mexicans will be required to Special-Register, dontcha think?!

Comment

With the War against Iraq just around the corner, things will become better (seriously!)

Comment

You mean your REAL lips, or...

Comment

"*****" would be another word for it

Comment

One of the saddest faces of the crisis in the American country is the living image of more and more immigrants making long lines to obtain foreign residence visas, at the entrance of European consulates. During the last month the number of people pushing to qualify for visas and double-citizenships has increased significantly. America is a country of immigrants; but now, those surnames that once came to New York and the main cities of the country to get better standards of life started to go to other places. During the last century, many arrived from Spain, Italy, Central Europe, Poland, Russia and the Middle East. Almost every single person within the country has ancestries from those regions. Now, many of the newest immigrants, are trying to be recognized as citizens of the countries where the parents of the earlier immigrants came from.

Italian and Spanish families fed, mainly, the successive waves of immigration of the Twentieth Century. Anyway, applications are not only requested on those embassies, but also on diplomatic premises of the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Japan, France, Panama, Brazil, Chile and Mexico. "This is terrible...A total chaos during the last week." A special attention should be addressed to the situation with the important Polish community. Since the frustrated 1905 Revolution, many Polish came to America as political exiled; then, after the World War I and finally, after the Soviet occupation of the country in 1945. In total, the Polish community counts spread representatives. Apparently, the possible future incorporation of Poland into the European Community, makes its passports very attractive and many are asking for application forms in the Consulate. Even those with Imperial Russia passports, that once belonged to their grandparents will come to ask. Lack of confidence on the future of America is making many people to take a hard decision: to leave the country to be better abroad. Just exactly the other way around, when its land was a fount of promises and welfare.

Comment

There should have been another post there i guess..

Comment

What "other post" are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                        X