I-130 filled a year ago...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 filled a year ago...

My US citizen wife filed I-130 for me a year ago. Is it now a good time to file I-485 ? Suppose that the I-485 process takes at least one year. What status will I get, when it's approved, between "Permanent" resident or "Conditional" resident ?

Joe

My US citizen wife filed I-130 for me a year ago. Is it now a good time to file I-485 ? Suppose that the I-485 process takes at least one year. What status will I get, when it's approved, between "Permanent" resident or "Conditional" resident ?

Joe

Comment

I filed them the same time. What status are you on currently?

Comment

If you have your interview before your second wedding anniversay, then you'll be a conditional permanent resident for 2 years and you'll have to file to have those conditions removed before your 2 year card expires.

If you have your interview after the second year anniversary, you'll get your 10 year green card straight off.

What service center would you be under?

Comment

i am in the same boat as you joe..but i am still waiting for a reply on the 1-30 from the ins, have they replied you yet?

Comment

Thanks for your input, Guys. I'm currently in H1B status and my wife filed the I-130 a year ago but still no sign of approval notice.

Marie, do you think, at the time of AOS interview, the INS officer will be suspicious just bcoz of the fact that we married for so long before I file AOS ? Will INS impose any stupid tricks on us regarding this strategy ?

Any body out there who ever tried or actually succeeded by using this method ?

Appreciated !

Joe

Comment

Working...
            X