status change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• status change?

Im in need of changing my student status because i am getting married to my fiance soon. My visa and i-20 have long been expired, i have been a full time student all along. It would be helpful if someone gave me an insight of how to go about this. Thanks.

Im in need of changing my student status because i am getting married to my fiance soon. My visa and i-20 have long been expired, i have been a full time student all along. It would be helpful if someone gave me an insight of how to go about this. Thanks.

Comment

Once married, your husband needs to petition for you and at the same time you file for adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence. The fact that your visa expired does not govern your current status. As long as you have been attending school and your I-94 shows your status as F-1 with D/S you are fine. You can petition for employment authorization and request advance parole to be able to travel outside the US without jeoperdizing your pending adjustment. The applications are filed with your local BCIS District office and they provide the entire package of forms. Good luck and congratulations.

Comment

thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X