Please, I need help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, I need help.

I came into the USA in January 2001 with a B2 visa. I am from a very poor family in Africa, but a lady help me to come into the US. Back home in the form for my visitor's visa, I filled married, but when we got in here, after her business she left for home. I assumed I wasn't married, and in 2002 I got married here to my present wife. I don't anything about the laws of this place,and because I wasn't married to any woman before expect that I filled married in my visa form in Africa.
    I haven't work since I came into this country. My present legal wife is a LPR and she wants to start the process of her naturalization this month. Please, I want to know if she can fill my name in her N400, secondly I want to know if there's going to be problem with the adjustment of my status, and lastly, do you advice me to get an attorney because of this mistake. I assume I wasn't married, so I didn't get a divorce because I wasn't married before.

I came into the USA in January 2001 with a B2 visa. I am from a very poor family in Africa, but a lady help me to come into the US. Back home in the form for my visitor's visa, I filled married, but when we got in here, after her business she left for home. I assumed I wasn't married, and in 2002 I got married here to my present wife. I don't anything about the laws of this place,and because I wasn't married to any woman before expect that I filled married in my visa form in Africa.
    I haven't work since I came into this country. My present legal wife is a LPR and she wants to start the process of her naturalization this month. Please, I want to know if she can fill my name in her N400, secondly I want to know if there's going to be problem with the adjustment of my status, and lastly, do you advice me to get an attorney because of this mistake. I assume I wasn't married, so I didn't get a divorce because I wasn't married before.

Comment

Working...
    X