AOS Interview Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview Today!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful information regarding my interview today. I brought everything on the list, was fully prepared, and the interview went beautifully.

The interviewer was really nice and polite, looked at our wedding pictures, commented on how nice they looked. Looked at joint utitly bills. Asked us how we met...the usual...but it was a good experience. The only hard part was the hour wait prior to the interview.

Anyway we were approved and i was given the temporary stamp, and should get my green card in 9 months. After which there is a 2 year period and prior to the end i will need to apply to get the condition removed. After that my green card is valid for 10 years and i will also be eligibale for naturalization.

thanks for your help,
    and if there is any additional advice anyone has regarding steps i have to take to be legal here i would love your input!

thanks,
    AMS

Just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful information regarding my interview today. I brought everything on the list, was fully prepared, and the interview went beautifully.

The interviewer was really nice and polite, looked at our wedding pictures, commented on how nice they looked. Looked at joint utitly bills. Asked us how we met...the usual...but it was a good experience. The only hard part was the hour wait prior to the interview.

Anyway we were approved and i was given the temporary stamp, and should get my green card in 9 months. After which there is a 2 year period and prior to the end i will need to apply to get the condition removed. After that my green card is valid for 10 years and i will also be eligibale for naturalization.

thanks for your help,
    and if there is any additional advice anyone has regarding steps i have to take to be legal here i would love your input!

thanks,
    AMS

Comment

Congratulations on your step towards USC.

Comment

Congratulations, I want to hear this more often.

Comment

Congratulations! I'm happy for you. A question for Mohan. When the passport get stamped, do you then have resident status or do you have to wait until you have the actual greencard in your hand?

Comment

You are resident the day You get stamped, Plastice will come in the mail but stamp is enough to travel /in-out.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Comment

We are so happy for you! We seldom hear good news especially in times like this.

Comment

first of all thank you so much Mohan for your help

I am having a question here Mohan...
                  after my interview the INS stamped my passport put on my alien number but still they sent me a mail later to say that I need a waiver.
                  they stamp yr passport even when you are denied I guess what do you think ?

Thank you
                  and congratulations to you new green card holder

Comment

they stamp the I-551 approved. If you need waiver then they will ask you for the waiver in that case they will not stamp approval stamp. In your case it seems that your I-485 is approvable but you need waiver.

Comment

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MOHAN

Comment

Mohan or anyone who can help...
                        I filed for AOS via marriage to USC, had my interview last week..
                        INS stamped the following :
                        I-512 REQUIRE WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ?

thank you

Comment

Advance Authorization for Parole. In addition, any absence from the United States without an I-512 issued prior to departure counts toward the 180-day aggregate period that the applicant is allowed to be outside the country. Once the interim rule takes effect June 22, 1998, an I-512 will be issued only to NACARA-eligible aliens who have filed an application for adjustment of status.

Aliens seeking a benefit under NACARA and who are under a final order of exclusion, deportation or removal leave the country at their own risk, even if they have obtained an advance parole (I-512) prior to departure. Aliens facing such an order cannot apply for adjustment of status unless they first apply for and are granted permission to reapply for admission into the United States. Aliens needing such permission must file a Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States, and may do so before their departure.

– INS –

Comment

thank you so much Mohan

Comment

Hello...it was my understanding that once you were married 2 yrs. and had your interview, if you were still married you got your green card which was good for 2 yrs. You are saying that the green card is conditional for 2 yrs after you get it.
                              Can you explain please.
                              I am in a bind. I married a UK resident who has authorization to work but not his green card yet. We will be married 2 yrs in June. It is my understanding that after June and his interview, he will get a green card which is NOT conditional and good for 10 yrs. And this also means that I will have to support him whether we're married or not for 10 yrs (because I signed the affadavit of support). Please advise..anyone who can answer this for me. Thank

Comment

Working...
                              X