green card/divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card/divorce

I am a resident alien, Green Card "expires" Nov 2005. I am married with a man from my own country. Two of my children are born in the US and bearers of the US passport. I am employed a little over 5 years for the same company. My husband and me are filing for divorce, will this have any consequenses for my residenty in the US?
    I want to keep living and working here. We live in WA state. Thanks for any reaction!!

I am a resident alien, Green Card "expires" Nov 2005. I am married with a man from my own country. Two of my children are born in the US and bearers of the US passport. I am employed a little over 5 years for the same company. My husband and me are filing for divorce, will this have any consequenses for my residenty in the US?
    I want to keep living and working here. We live in WA state. Thanks for any reaction!!

Comment

When was your green card issued or when did you become a permanent resident?

Did you become a permanent resident due to your current marriage?

Once you have answered these questions, a proper answer can be given to your questions.

Comment

My green card was issued Nov 1995, exp date Nov 2005. I moved here because of my husband's work and we both got our Green Cards. We were married in our own country before me moved to the States.

Comment

This situation should have no affect on you renewing your GC. Afterall you are a PR in your own right and not reliant on your husband's status.

Comment

Working...
          X