Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAIVER

Hi Everyone

After the Visa interview at the U.S Consulate I was found in eligible under section 212(a)(9)(B)(ii), TEN Year BAR
    Do I need t submit the I-212 and I-601 waiver and pay for both of them .

My wife and I currently residing outside the U.S , will it be difficult to get the waiver approved

any information rendered is helpful

Thank You

Are you applying for an immigrant visa or nonimmigrant visa?

Is your wife a US citizen or permanent resident? or something else?

Are they right that you accrued 1 year of "unlawful presence" and then left the US? What is your immigration history?

Have you been deported?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

my wife is a U.S citizen , I'm a foreign citizen , my wife petitioned for me and I went the U.S consulate for an Interview after my interview they told me that I was in admissible and I need to file for a waiver .I had a case pendin in the U.S but then it was closed Adminstrative closure so when I left the U.S it triggered the 10 year bar

Comment

If you weren't deported, you shouldn't have a 9A ban and shouldn't have to file I-212. So you would just need to file I-601 to waive the 9B ban. For an immigrant waiver for this ban, you will need to show that your US citizen or permanent resident spouse or parent will suffer "extreme hardship" if you can't be in the US. If you are using your wife as the qualifying relative, it will be hard to show she will suffer "extreme hardship" if you can't be in the US, if she isn't in the US in the first place.

Comment

I received a letter from the U.S Embassy showing the inadmissibility under 212(a0(9)(B)(ii) , as for the extreme hardship im living in a country with a civil unrest so as an american citizen there is a fear for my life to stay with my husabnd and i cant move with my child to the U.S due to financial reasons .
          please provide your feed back based on the information if i should ile both waivers and if you think there is a justification for the extreme hardship

i really appreciate your help

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ANAT View Post
            I received a letter from the U.S Embassy showing the inadmissibility under 212(a0(9)(B)(ii) , as for the extreme hardship im living in a country with a civil unrest so as an american citizen there is a fear for my life to stay with my husabnd and i cant move with my child to the U.S due to financial reasons .
            please provide your feed back based on the information if i should ile both waivers and if you think there is a justification for the extreme hardship

i really appreciate your help

thank you
            Again, if you weren't deported you shouldn't need I-212; you just need I-601.

Comment

Working...
            X