Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver of Excludability

Hi all:

My wife is a US citizen and she has sponsored me to come the US. But I have a problem with the American Cosulate in my country: some years back I had applied for a US visa using a fake ID, which they had found out and consequently denied the visa.

Now, when I went to them with all the sponorship documents and told them that I had applied previously, they gave me an I-601 waiver form and asked to produce a letter from my wife stating her being facing hardships.

Can anybody here explain all this to me and how to proceed from here?

Vega

Hi all:

My wife is a US citizen and she has sponsored me to come the US. But I have a problem with the American Cosulate in my country: some years back I had applied for a US visa using a fake ID, which they had found out and consequently denied the visa.

Now, when I went to them with all the sponorship documents and told them that I had applied previously, they gave me an I-601 waiver form and asked to produce a letter from my wife stating her being facing hardships.

Can anybody here explain all this to me and how to proceed from here?

Vega

Comment

You are required to fill in this form bacause your are/were inadmissable to the US baecause of visafraud.

The form needs to prove the hardship between you and your spouse (basically to see if the marriage/relationship is real).

I suggest to talk to an (immigartion)lawyer.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigra...pbb2/index.php

Comment

from my understanding of this (which I completely doubt at this point) it is not to prove the relationship is real, but rather to demonstrate hardship to the USC if that person is required to move overseas/you cannot enter.

only concerned with USC.

Comment

You have been deemed inadmissible due to your past fraud. In order to become admissible, you must obtain a waiver. The waiver must be based on hardship to a USc spouse. Only if she can show that she suffers finanically, phylically, due to your absence will you qualify. Until then, you are barred from entering the United States.

You can contact me at info@myronmorales.com if you additional questions.

Comment

vega,

there was a time when this kind of waiver was extensively discussed on this board..check november posts on this board..very interesting posts to read and how to file for this waiver...
            good luck

Comment

Working...
            X