Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DL was canceled because of illegal status - in which state can I get new one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DL was canceled because of illegal status - in which state can I get new one?

My drivers license in Florida was canceled because I overstayed my tourist visa. Can somebody tell me in which US state it is still possible to get DL just with foreign passport and SS card "Not valid for employment"??? (without valid I-94) Thanks for your answer=time...

My drivers license in Florida was canceled because I overstayed my tourist visa. Can somebody tell me in which US state it is still possible to get DL just with foreign passport and SS card "Not valid for employment"??? (without valid I-94) Thanks for your answer=time...

Comment

hey buddy - how it is possible that You lost Your DL ??? Who did this ? I can't understand ! Who is control ligall status with DL ??

thanks for answer

Comment

In South Carolina they're pretty strict, too, and will not renew or issue a license without valid, unexpired documentation. Why not renew your status and then get a license instead of trying to get around things? It'll be better for you in the long run.

Comment

I'd like to tell you my friend but I'd rather not.

Comment

So you obviously don't care about your status or you care about your DL more. Shame on you. And now you want to sneak around and get a DL the deceitful way. What else do you do for fun?

Comment

I care about my status but at this time to do something with my status is only to marry USC lady. Do you know any woman under 40 who will marry me? I don't...

Comment

You can get a license in Tennessee for sure, since they are the MOST REASONABLE state as far as issuing a drivers license is concerned. Visit their website at

http://www.state.tn.us/safety/gentips.htm

regards

Comment

Bravo, VeryBitter, how intelligent of you to help this person get one over on the system. Hey, Illegal, why not go about things the right way like so many others have, instead of giving immigrants a bad name? Folks doing what you do make things harder on those immigrants who come legally, stay legally, and do it the right way. And FYI, Tennessee is cracking down, too, just like Alabama and the Carolinas - it won't be that easy. I assume and hope you have auto insurance? A USC must present a birth certificate now in most states just to get a renewed license thanks to the illegal identification trade. Thanks a lot.

Comment

North Carolina, trust me, been there done that. but here you can get a Dl with a SSN and if you don't have that you can get a DL with an ITIN...what country are you from?

Comment

Within the U.S. the following states do NOT require a social security number in order to issue a driver's license:

- Georgia
                      - Kansas
                      - Maryland
                      - Minnesota
                      - Mississippi
                      - Oregon
                      - Vermont.

Conversely,

- Alabama
                      - the District of Columbia
                      - Hawaii
                      - New Jersey
                      - West Virginia

require all drivers' license applicants to have social security numbers before issuing drivers' licenses.

Most states require a SSN only if one has already been assigned and/or the person is eligible for a SSN. These states are:

- Arizona
                      - Alaska
                      - Arkansas
                      - California
                      - Colorado
                      - Delaware
                      - Florida
                      - Idaho
                      - Indiana
                      - Kentucky
                      - Louisiana
                      - Maine
                      - Massachusetts
                      - Michigan
                      - Missouri
                      - Montana
                      - Nebraska
                      - Nevada
                      - New Mexico
                      - New York
                      - North Carolina
                      - North Dakota
                      - Ohio
                      - Oklahoma
                      - Pennsylvania
                      - Rhode Island
                      - South Carolina
                      - South Dakota
                      - Tennessee
                      - Texas
                      - Utah
                      - Virginia
                      - Washington
                      - Wisconsin
                      - Wyoming.

Most of these states require other documentation of an applicant for the driver's license, so it is particularly important to consult their websites in order to ensure everything is in order prior to making the application.

Some states have interesting rules. For example,

- Connecticut
                      - New Hampshire

only require SSNs from new applicants.

- Illinois
                      - Kentucky

will accept religious objection as a reason for an applicant to avoid the social security number requirement. (!)

- Iowa explicitly does not require nonimmigrants to have the SSNs to obtain drivers' licenses.

- Kentucky
                      - North Carolina
                      - Pennsylvania
                      - Rhode Island
                      - Utah

will accept Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TINs) issued by the Internal Revenue Service in lieu of a SSN issued by the Social Security Administration.

- Idaho
                      - Indiana
                      - Nevada
                      - North Carolina
                      - New Mexico
                      - Oregon
                      - South Dakota
                      - Tennessee
                      - Texas
                      - Utah
                      - Washington
                      - Wisconsin, in some cases,
                      - Michigan

will accept the Matricula Consular – an identity card issued by the Mexican Consulate – as documentation in support of a driver's license application.

To date, it appears that

- Maryland
                      - Oregon
                      - Vermont

are the best states to live in and obtain a driver's license if you are not a U.S. citizen. However, in a post-9/11 world, the rules may change with each session of each state legislature, so it is important to keep an eye on developments in your home state and contact your state representatives, should any more restrictive measures appear on the state legislative calendar.

Comment

I can't believe you people, advising someone how to play the system. This guy owes it to all of us, immigrants and citizens, to be here legally. If he can't or won't do that he needs to go home. People like him are making things tough for would-be immigrants and the legal ones here now, and he is a prime example of the kind of immigrant Americans resent. You guys should be telling him instead how to legalize his status.

Comment

Thank you to everybody.

Comment

At least, Mr. Illegal is not trying to buy a fake D.L./I.D. or steal my SSN and I strongly believe that he wants to get this driver's license to work honestly, based on his own efforts on a daily basis. He's not a terrorist or a drug dealer - these people have large amounts of money and can easily buy any corrupted DMV officer out there. They act driven only by the desire to destroy our society. They wouldn't be waisting their time asking for orientation here.
                            Fake IDs are available for sale on any given State and - believe it or not - fellow American Citizens buy them too!

Comment

Hi guys he don,t ask you judge him by the status. He ask where he get the driver license. meand he want to aquire the DL legally. Whats wrong with that? atleast he is following rules. He don,t ask you where to get license with illigal way. it would be better to have a license and pay for insurance then to drive without licenses.
                              What you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X