asylum from the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asylum from the UK

I am representing a woman who was born and raised in the UK by a very strict Pakistani family. Her family lives in the UK and is wealthy and politically well connected. She has undergone 2 husbands and numerous incidences of physical abuse from her husbands, brothers, and father. She attempted to escape while living in another part of the UK, to no avail, she was found (via her father's political connections), returned, and beaten. Now she resides in the US and is seeking asylum. Because of the size of the Pakistani minority the UK does not address this issue. How does one present this case? Do I focus on the political clout of the Pakistani's in the UK? The severity of her physical beatings? What?

I am representing a woman who was born and raised in the UK by a very strict Pakistani family. Her family lives in the UK and is wealthy and politically well connected. She has undergone 2 husbands and numerous incidences of physical abuse from her husbands, brothers, and father. She attempted to escape while living in another part of the UK, to no avail, she was found (via her father's political connections), returned, and beaten. Now she resides in the US and is seeking asylum. Because of the size of the Pakistani minority the UK does not address this issue. How does one present this case? Do I focus on the political clout of the Pakistani's in the UK? The severity of her physical beatings? What?

Comment

Working...
    X