Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can non-immigrant visa holders fly from state to state once they enter USA? Sammy, Mohan,Someone plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can non-immigrant visa holders fly from state to state once they enter USA? Sammy, Mohan,Someone plz

I am going to maryland for 3 weeks in december for martial arts training because i am olympic athlete.I am a permanent resident of Canada and have traveled last month for a tournament to texas.My question is that if i travel to maryland like i tell the immigration officials, can i then book a flight from Maryland to Texas to go see my girlfriend? Would i get any troubles at the airport in maryland or dallas? What kind of ID would they need to see for me to get on the plane since i am a canadian resident not American. Also i will still come back to maryland to depart from there back to canada as i would have told the officials upon entry to USA. Many years ago it was easy to fly from state to state when i was in america without telling my purpose to travel just like it is easy to travel by road.But however Texas is far from maryland and i have no choice but too book a flight.However i only want to tell about my training as my purpose and then just once i am in i can go visit her once i am done with my training.If u could help me id really appreciate it~thanks

I am going to maryland for 3 weeks in december for martial arts training because i am olympic athlete.I am a permanent resident of Canada and have traveled last month for a tournament to texas.My question is that if i travel to maryland like i tell the immigration officials, can i then book a flight from Maryland to Texas to go see my girlfriend? Would i get any troubles at the airport in maryland or dallas? What kind of ID would they need to see for me to get on the plane since i am a canadian resident not American. Also i will still come back to maryland to depart from there back to canada as i would have told the officials upon entry to USA. Many years ago it was easy to fly from state to state when i was in america without telling my purpose to travel just like it is easy to travel by road.But however Texas is far from maryland and i have no choice but too book a flight.However i only want to tell about my training as my purpose and then just once i am in i can go visit her once i am done with my training.If u could help me id really appreciate it~thanks

Comment

Yes you can book flight and travel.
      You can show your Passport as ID.
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

but mohan will i be asked for what is my purpose to travel to dallas from maryland or do i just show my id and get on the plane? like u know how when i come to usa from canada i have to state my purpose and actually show proof because i am muslim and from pakistan..like i show a letter from my tournaments...but will i need to show something like that to go see my girlfriend? or do i just get on plane from maryland and go?

Comment

You will not be asked that question.
          to make you feel better you can say meeting friends , relatives etc.
          When you entered you was asked because you are crossing from one country to another, Once you are in You can travel any where to any where within the country.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

thanks a lot mohan

Comment

Working...
            X